FAMILY LAWgavel with law-book

We can assist you in the following matters:

  • Recognition of UK Divorce Decrees in Spain
  • Separation and Divorce before the Spanish Courts
  • Transfer of Property to the Sole Name of one of the Parties when there is a Divorce or Separation

If you need to consult a lawyer following the breakdown of your relationship, then you are almost certainly going through a difficult period in your life. We tailor solutions to the needs of each client offering a bespoke service based on an individual’s circumstances. We understand the related practical issues, such as how to separate, where to live, the arrangements for any children, and money or property matters. We work with you to find practical and cost-effective solutions.


If you own property in Spain, it is advisable to make a Spanish will, and I will be able to make the arrangements on your behalf, and accompany you to the Notary for the signing. A Spanish will can make things more straightforward for beneficiaries when your property is inherited and potentially reduce inheritance tax. Tailored advice is essential as situations vary and laws can change.


Whether you are in the UK and faced with dealing with the estate of a relative in Spain, or are based in Spain and daunted by the prospect of handling potentially vast paperwork alone after the passing of a loved one, you will no doubt be feeling overwhelmed by the task of dealing with the Spanish authorities and tax system. But with our guidance  in Spain, you need not worry, as peace of mind is assured from start to finish the process.


The Spanish inheritance tax system is considered complex, even more so than the UK system. There are numerous instances when you may require inheritance tax advice from Spanish lawyers. The obvious one is when you have inherited assets in Spain, but you will also benefit from advice when you are buying and selling property, and making a will. The rules on Spanish IHT vary from region to region in Spain, so localised knowledge is vital. We will be able to advise you specifically depending on the appropriate locality.


If you are unfortunate enough to suffer a road traffic accident, which was not your fault, you might be able to make an accident compensation claim. Whether you are a pedestrian, motorcyclist, pedal cyclist or a passenger, we can help. We contact the insurance company and claim the appropriate compensation.


You need a registration certificate if you intend to live or reside in Spain for more than three months. You are eligible for the registration certificate if:

You are a citizen of one of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK. (Note that Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland aren’t part of the EU, but they have special agreements in place.);

Thinking of applying for your Spanish citizenship. If you’ve been in Spain long enough on your work residency, there are many reasons to consider becoming Spanish. Citizenship allows you to participate in Spain’s national elections and gives you easy access to the rest of the European Union.

If you need assistance to get your registration certificate or your Spanish citizenship. I will guide you through all the process.